Wednesday 13 January 2016

100 Word Challenge Week #2

 

Poutine


Taunting me the sweet, savoury smell filled the air as I joined the queue, I was basically drooling!
 "You know they're supposed to be the best poutine truck in all of Canada." Courtney squealed as she tapped me on the shoulder.
I nodded excitedly. There were no words for my happiness! The line had shortened to four people in front of us. As we waited in the queue we counted the seagulls that flew over us. Excitement was bubbling inside of me as we walked forward. The line felt like eternity but it didn't matter as soon as I took the first bite.

5 comments:

  1. Great story! I really liked your word description. love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it but you could add more speaking parts but good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your story and I like how you have added a lot of descriptive words. The second time you use the word "queue" I think you should replace it with a different word like "line" to make it sound less repetitive. But overall, great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did have the word line but the word line was also right above it do you have any other different words I could use other than line of queue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! You just need a comma after "taunting me" and after eternity.

    ReplyDelete