Wednesday 11 May 2016

100 Word Challenge Week17

                                        I believe in fairies

"There's this stairway," he began, "A beautiful stairway. That led to prison."

"Prison?" I questioned.

"Yep, prison." He continued, "For fairies!"

"Grandpa," I whined, " I'm not five, I don't believe in fairies!"

"You might not believe in them, but they're always there." He said mysteriously.

                                                               .              .               .

That was a conversation I had ten years ago. Now I'm standing at the top of the beautiful stairway. At the door way to to fairy prison, guarding all of the fairy prisoners. Tricking all of the fairies into thinking that this prison will be okay. Also giving them their last breathe of fresh air. Although some of the fairies don't make it to the top...

4 comments:

  1. Great story! Although your second to last sentence is a bit confusing. I think you meant to say 'daily' not 'lady' other then that it seems good unless you could see I'd you could find more powerful or descriptive language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your story, and how you brought a mythical spin to the prompt. One thing I think you should change is that you last paragraph jumps from present tense to past tense and back to present tense, so you may want to clear that up because it doesn't really make sense. But other than that, I really enjoyed your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your story. I'm not sure what you mean when you say " also giving them their lady breathe of fresh air". You should also have a comma after also. Good story though. It is really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Castiel! One thing is that you have two 'to's' in the sentence " at the way to to fairy prison".

    ReplyDelete