Wednesday 25 May 2016

100 Word Challenge Week 19

Haunted house

Walking into the so called "haunted house", Sierra gripped my hand tightly. 

"Sierra!" I hissed, "it's not haunted."

"I know it's just..." She couldn't finish her sentence partly because I was about to cut her off, but also because she screamed claiming she saw a ghost.

"Come on Sierra," I breathed, getting just a little bit scared. 

We walked into the kitchen as the flame flickered and then went out on the stove. We walked over and pulled open the oven. Only to find a cake that read, "You made it out of play lands haunted house!"

2 comments:

  1. I love the humor of your story! On your first line you have a punctuation that is not usefull. Overall great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your first sentence, you use ' and not " I'm pretty sure!
    Love the humor of your story. You could add some more description like instead of breathed: huffed, puffed, exhaled. Great job though!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete