Wednesday 20 April 2016

100 Word Challenge Week 14



Raffle

"Last day to buy raffle tickets folks!" Elly called out.
"I'll be drawing a ticket at 5:00 tonight!" My voice echoed. 

A few others bought raffle tickets before the clock showed 4:57. 
"Lets clean up and get ready to draw a card." I suggested.
 With that we were cleaned and ready, 4:59...5:00!
"Can I draw it now?" I squealed, "I can't wait to see who wins the beach basket!"
Elly nodded in acknowledgement. I put my hand in the box and felt around. Then pulled out the lucky ticket.
"1593!" I announced.
A woman rose, her hand in the air, to claim her prize.

5 comments:

  1. Great story! In the last sentence though, you said women, plural. Maybe you want to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story, Tinkerbell. Can you add any hints as to what the draw is for? You seem very excited to draw the winning ticket. Is it something big?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how you used a lot of dialog in your story, and I was really interested through out the entire story! I also liked how you used a lot of descriptive words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story I really liked how your character had lots of excitement about the raffle.

    ReplyDelete